Links to various resources.
- Miscellaneous Documents
Isham Thomas deed
There is an 1835 Bulloch County, Georgia, deed from Isom Thomas to Mary Odom identifying Mary Odom as his sister. This deed is dated June 6, 1835 and was recorded August 3, 1869 in Record Book F-H, page 366, at the Bulloch County Clerk of the Superior Court, Statesboro, Georgia.
- Florida Confederate Pension Records
- The Florida State Archives has all the Florida Confederate Pension records available online. The pension records for some of the persons on this web site are:
|William Marion Campbell
||Husband of Nancy Thomas Campbell
| Homer C. Cato
||Brother of Tamerlane Cato
Florence Daughtry Cato, widow
|Tamerlane Holland Cato
||America Thomas Cato, widow
|Reuben Montgomery Fugate
||Sarah Caroline Thomas Griffin Fugate, widow
|Leonard W. Odum
|Sion Hall Pike
||Martha Marsh Pike, widow
|Jesse Mansfield Shaw
||Husband of Mary Thomas Shaw
|Isham J. Thomas
|Ivey A. Thomas
||Julia Thomas, widow
|William H. Thomas
||Brother of Ivey Thomas
If you cannot retrieve the individual's file through the link on the file number, try the pension main search page and then search using the pension file number.
World War 1 service record cards are also available online for the 43,000 Floridians who served in that conflict.
The state archives also has an extensive collection of photographs online of early Florida which is well worth a visit.
- Cemeteries on this Web Site
- Brushy Creek Cemetery, Cook County, Georgia
- Hague Cemetery, Hague Methodist Church, Hague, Alachua County, Florida
- Hall Cemetery, Morven, Brooks County, Georgia
- Oakdale Cemetery, DeLand, Volusia County, Florida
- Thomas Cemetery, Alachua County, Florida
- Umatilla Cemetery, Umatilla, Lake County, Florida
- Court Records on this Web Site
- HALL Marriage Records - Brooks County, Georgia (1859 - 2007)
- MORRISON Marriage Records - Brooks County, Georgia (1859 - 2007)
- ODUM Marriage Records - Wayne County, Georgia (1849 - 1940)
- PIKE Marriage Records - Brooks County, Georgia (1859 - 2007)
- PIKE Marriage Records - Marion County, Florida (1840 - 1984)
- ULMER Marriage Records - Decatur County, Georgia (1844 - 1900)
- Hillsborough County, Florida, Marriage Records 1878-1893
- An index of the Hillsborough County, Florida, marriage records from the years 1878-1893 is online including images of the licenses. There are a total of 2,071 records online in the marriage record collection. The University of South Florida Libraries Digital Collections (click here for main page) also has an extensive collection of other documents and photographs online.
- Alachua County Clerk's Archives Page
- The Clerk of the Court, Alachua County, Florida, in Gainesville, is in the process of placing many of their old records online. Images of deeds, probate records, marriage records and other records are available. There is a search feature.
- Huxford Genealogical Society, Homerville, GA
- The Huxford Genealogical Society, Inc., collects and preserves genealogical information of the Wiregrass area in south Georgia and north Florida. Donations from members and friends of the Library have expanded coverage to much of the eastern United States. The HGS is dedicated to the memory of Judge Folks Huxford, Genealogist - Jurist - Historian - Baptist Minister - Lawyer - Musician - Public Servant - Journalist and Author of Pioneers of Wiregrass Georgia.